TM-MC 2.0 provides the largest collection of information about chemical compounds of medicinal materials listed in the Korean, Chinese, and Japanese pharmacopoeias.
The information on chemical compounds of medicinal materials was manually extracted and curated from chromatographic articles in PubMed.
All compounds have been identified and de-duplicated, and are given with their corresponding identifiers and pharmacokinetic properties.
TM-MC 2.0 also includes new information on prescriptions, gene targets, modern diseases, and their associations.
- 2023. 7. 1.
- TM-MC 2.0 has been released.
- 2022. 12. 1.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 35 million in PMID number were curated. (only 45 medicinal materials including Panax ginseng)
- 2021. 4. 8.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 32 million in PMID number were curated.
- 2018. 12. 3.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 28 million in PMID number were curated.
- 2017. 11. 7.
- Chemical compounds of Oryeong-san were curated after identifying their chemical structures.
- 2017. 4. 25.
- Information on chemical compounds of non-botanical medicinal materials was curated.
- 2016. 9. 23.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 27 million in PMID number were curated.
- 2016. 6. 8.
- TM-MC was updated: articles up to 26 million in PMID number were curated.
- 2015. 8. 25.
- TM-MC was updated: medicinal materials with only both generic and specific names in their scientific names were searched and curated.
- 2015. 4. 1.
- TM-MC was updated: articles downloaded on 27 December 2014 were curated.
- 2014. 7. 1.
- TM-MC was launched: articles published until 31 December 2013 were curated.
- Sang-Kyun Kim, Seungho Lee, Myung-Ku Lee and Sanghun Lee.
A systems pharmacology approach to investigate the mechanism of Oryeong-san formula for the treatment of hypertension.
Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 244, 2019. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2019.112129
- Sang-Kyun Kim and Seungho Lee.
Drug-likeness and Oral bioavailability for Chemical Compounds of Medicinal Materials Constituting Oryeong-san.
The Korean Journal of Herbology, 33(5), pp.19-37, 2018 (Korean)
- Sang-Kyun Kim and Myung-Ku Lee.
Chemical constituents of non-botanical medicinal materials in Northeast Asian traditional medicine: A PubMed literature survey.
First edition, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, 2018 (Korean and English)
- Sang-Kyun Kim, Seungho Lee, and Anna Kim.
Comparison of chemical compounds of medicinal plant materials with compounds of domestic pharmacopoeias.
The Korean Journal of Herbology, 31(5), pp.55-62, 2016. doi: https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2016.31.5.55. (Korean)
- Sang-Kyun Kim, SeJin Nam, Hyunchul Jang, Anna Kim, and Jeong-Ju Lee.
TM-MC: a database of medicinal materials and chemical compounds in Northeast Asian traditional medicine.
BMC Complement Altern Med., 15:218, 2015. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-015-0758-5